Olympic Champion: Olaf Ludwig
In the eighties, Olaf Ludwig was regarded as the eastern Eddy Merckx:
Olaf Ludwig at the Bulgarian Cyclingtour:
- Born on 13 April, 1960, in Gera (Germany)
- Olympic champion 1988, Seoul
- World champion 1981
- Twofold champion of the Peace Race 1982 and 1986
- 36 stage wins at the Peace Race "Course de la Paix"
- Twofold Sportspersonality of the Year of the GDR 1986 and 1987
- Tour de France - Threefold stage winner (1990 to 1992) and winner of the
"Green Jersey" (1990)
- World champion 1992
- Winner of the Amstel Gold Race 1992
- Winner of the race "Rund um den Henninger Turm" 1994
- Winner of the Six-day racing in Berlin 1997
Olaf Ludwig accompanies the daily cycling tours and shares his expert knowledge as competitive athlete and professional bicycle racer with the whole team - about the technicque, the suitable clothings, the tactics of bicycle racing, and more.